|High Point Observations|
|Written by Nick Thiel|
10. Wil Hahn proved that he can run with the fantastic four of Roczen, Tomac, Barcia and Baggett. He holeshotted the first moto and rode his own race and just fell short of a podium in fourth place. I think hes doing a great job of establishing himself as a top runner of the class once again! His second moto charge from last place in the second moto was solid as well.
9. Tomac took another overall this weekend but he didn’t make it easy on himself coming from seventh place in both motos. He made his way to second in the first moto. After an unfortunate crash on roczens part, he was able to attack for the lead on the last lap taking the lead and the win. Some days when you’re on you’re on.
8. Baggett had a terrible second moto finding himself on the ground not once but twice. What last year was one of the best races of the season for him turned into his worst finish of the season ending the day in fourth. Not a terrible finish by any means and he did still leave with the red plate.
7. Stewart tried his best to ride through the pain but he didn’t look close to being himself. In the first practice he rode timid at best. Then he snapped back in the second practice with the fastest time of the day. In the first moto he was only able to come back to 5th place. He said that he just couldn’t hold on to the motorcycle. He didn’t return to the second moto. At this point it looks as though he wont be back till RED BUD.
6. Davi Millsaps made his return to racing this weekend with 9-4 moto finishes to a fifth overall on the day. Not bad for the injuries that he had and also having a new baby. He usually rips it up at the Budds Creek circuit so I expect to see him on the podium this weekend.
5. Dungey rode as hard as he needed to in both motos and taking both of the moto wins with another overall. Alessi gave him quite a race in both motos but as soon as the halfway point of the moto came Dungey attacked and rode away.
4. Mike Alessi rode great in both motos capturing a second overall on the day. He gave Dungey a run in both motos which was impressive.
3. The track conditions weren’t stellar at High Point not due to the track prep or anything the track crew did or didn’t do. It’s simply mother nature and the lack of rain that the area had received over the winter.
2. Michael Byrne had a solid ride with a 13-7 for 10th overall. Byrner has been away from the racing scene for quite a while so a top ten is a great stepping stone to build off of for the rest of the season.
1. The pick up kits keep getting better and better the further we go east. This has been one of the best one yet.